There is no power for change
greater than a community
discovering what it cares about
What you need to know about the CPF
The Community Policing Forum (CPF) fulfils a vital role in society, in assisting law enforcement officials in the fight against crime.
- Sector 1: Eastgate, Bedford Center, Bedford Gardens, St. Andrews, Morninghill and Oriel
- Sector 2: Central Bedford also known as RAG
- Sector 3: Meadowdale, Tunney, Meadowdale, Klopperpark, Elandsfontein
- The CPF ensures the efficient and appropriate service delivery of safety and security to the community of Bedfordview.
- Members address complaints against the police on behalf of the community and against criminal elements in a particular community on behalf of policing partners.
- The CPF builds communication and problem-solving channels between all policing partners and the community.
- It produces safety plans from reported police statistics, as well as community needs and complaints regarding crime hot spots and suspicious activities.
- The CPF plans and participates in anti-crime exercises which are determined by the community’s complaints.
- They facilitate safety and security meetings between the community and law enforcement entities.
- CPFs assist police by improving police service delivery to their communities and strengthening partnerships between the community and police.
- They promote joint problem solving and ensure police accountability.
- The CPF ensures proper communication between the police and the community – which enhances the police’s ability to combat and prevent crime.
- Communities are thus able to monitor, evaluate and advise police.
- Police, in turn, become accountable to the communities they serve.
- SAPS remain the operational police authority. A CPF is there to augment and assist the SAPS in a reactive scene and, where they have not yet arrived, to stand in for the SAPS until they do arrive on the scene.
- CPF members can react to crime scenes, contain crime scenes, do point duty, manage accident scenes and support the SAPS, Metro Police and to track and trace perpetrators of crime.
- A CPF member may also carry out a citizen’s arrest, if the need arises.
- The CPF assists in crime prevention by means of neighbourhood patrols, which decrease crime in areas where patrols are prevalent.
- Visible patrol systems deter criminal activity.
- Suspicious activity is channeled through to authorities.
- Information regarding social problems are also passed on to relevant authorities.
- The CPF assists at crime scenes, to ensure that vital evidence, witnesses and suspects are on hand for the SAPS.
- A person must work or live in Bedfordview to join the Bedfordview CPF, they cannot have a criminal record, they must have a valid South African ID and permanent residents permit.
MARKETING & PRO
Base Station Commander
Sector 1 Representative
Sector 2 Representative
Sector 3 Representative
|1 - Eastgate, Bedford Center, Bedford Gardens, St. Andrews, Morninghill and Oriel||011 400 6661|
|2 - Central Bedford also known as RAG||011 400 6662|
|3 - Meadowdale, Tunney, Klopperpark, Elandsfontein||011 400 6663|
|South African Police Services|
|Bedfordview SAPS||011 457 2299|
|Station Commander : Col. Geusteyn||011 457 2301
082 822 8062
|Visible Policing : Lt/Col. Mhlongo||011 457 2217
082 461 3629
|Criminal Investigation : Lt/Col. Maluleke||011 457 2215
082 822 8003
|Support Services : Lt/Col. Mdunge||011 457 2230|
|Communications: Cpt. De Jager||011 457 2215
079 694 7071
|Bedfordview CPF||011 450 4376|
|BCPF Victim Support||073 189 6362|
|EMERGENCIES SERVICES (24 HOURS)|
|Life Threatening Emergency Services||10177|
|EMPD||011 999 2093
011 999 2094
011 999 2095
|Water & Electricity|
(Ensure you obtain
Ref No. for escalation)
|086 054 3000|
|Veterinarians : Daytime consulting hours|
|Bedfordview Veterinary Hospital||011 616 4088|
|Kenvalley Veterinary Clinic||011 615 3416|
|Kloof Road Animal Clinic 24 hours||011 705 3411
|Kloof Road Animal Clinic||011 455 1296|
|St Francis Veterinary Hospital||011 453 8525|
|Emergency veterinary : 24 hours|
|Fourways Vet Hospital||011 705 3411|
|Alberton Veterinary Clinic||011 869 7258|
|Bryanston Vet Hospital ||011 706 6023|
|Glenvista South Vet Centre||011 682 3213|
|Lambton Animal Hospital||011 824 2222|
|Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals|
|SPCA – Germiston - 24 hour||082 675 0072|
|SPCA – Germiston||011 825 5033
|LifeLine – 24 Hour||0861 322 322|
|SADAG (South African Depression & Anxiety Group) www.sadag.org||0800 121 314|
|CHILD PROTECTION SERVICES (CPS)|
|Avril Elizabeth Home email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com||011 822 2233|
|Child Welfare Edenvale||011 452 5940
011 452 5941
|Childline South Africa National Crisis Line||08000 55 555|
|El-Shammah Home for Abandoned Babies and Place of Safety||011 054 0530|
|Care for the aged|
|Elandsvallei Home for the Aged Senior Service||011 776 9063|
|Rest-A-While Service Centre for the Aged Manager : Trudy Carreira||011 828 3059|
|Alice Soup Kitchen Elspark (collection Bedfordview)||082 955 3303|
|Bedford Chapel Bedfordview||011 616 7201
011 622 5744
|Bez Valley Anglican Church Feeding Scheme Kensington||011 614 9226|
|Buddhist Centre – Rokpa Gauteng Soup Kitchen Kensington||011 614 1948
011 624 2235
|Church of the Blessed Sacrament Assumption Convent School Malvern |
|011 616 4008
011 616 5796
|Itemba Soup Kitchen (Jenny) Primrose East||083 273 0824|
|Jenny Schmidt Edenvale||072 702 0311|
|Joy Foundation Kensington||084 587 8460|
|Kensington Methodist Church Kensington||011 618 3839|
|Khanyisa Soup Kitchen Edenvale Methodist Church||011 452 6176
011 452 1135
|Methodist Church Bedfordview||011 455 2600|
|St Margaret’s Anglican Church Feeding Scheme Bedfordview||011 455 4449|
|Tzu Chi Foundation Bedfordview||011 782 6830|
|Child Welfare South Africa||011 452 5940
011 452 5941
|Christians in Action||082 649 1793|
|Clobbertique Charity Shop for Rand Aid||011 882 2510|
|Eastleigh Hospice Shop||011 452 0480|
|Edenvale Care Centre||011 454 5358|
|Khanyisa Soup Kitchen||011 452 6176|
|Little Eden Edenvale Shop||011 453 8065|
|Little Eden Primrose Shop||011 822 8967|
|Little Eden Society||011 609 7246|
|MAD Knitters||082 649 1793|
|Poverty Relief||011 056 8954|
|Rand Aid||011 882 2510|
|Red Bin Brigade||083 452 9717|
|SPCA – Bedfordview & Germiston||011 825 5033|
|Zoe Crisis Centre||082 484 9558|